Joost van Gorp
After studying Medicine at Utrecht University, Joost van Gorp completed his pathologist training at UMC Utrecht. He earned his PhD at Utrecht University with the thesis: 'Epstein-Barr virus in malignant lymphomas with emphasis on nasal T-cell lymphomas'.
He started his career in 1994 as a pathologist and senior staff member at UMC Utrecht. Since 1996 he has been working as a pathologist in the Diakonessenhuis in Utrecht. He was part of the oncology committee and member of the Central Training Committee as a trainer until 1 April 2018.
Since 2018 he has been working as a pathologist at the Nieuwegein location.
Joost van Gorp is chairman of the regional soft tissue panel and a member of the regional lymphoma panel.
Fields of interest
- Breast pathology
- Soft tissue pathology
- Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes in Low-Risk Patients With Breast Cancer Treated With Single-Dose Preoperative Partial Breast Irradiation
- Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes in low-risk breast cancer patients treated with single dose pre-operative partial breast irradiation.
- Single-cell derived tumor organoids display diversity in HLA class I peptide presentation.
- USP6-Associated Neoplasms: A Rapidly Expanding Family of Lesions
- Assessment of tumour proliferation by use of the mitotic activity index, and Ki67 and phosphohistone H3 expression, in early-stage luminal breast cancer.